Sunday 26 January 2014

Sunday 26th January 2014

The weekend.

Did I mention I like weekends. I mean both Saturday and Sunday have exactly the same number of hours and minutes and probably seconds that weekday days have, but they're so much better. You know. However, I do find that unlike weekdays when I feel I could lay in bed until midday and begrudge getting out of bed for work. at weekends I normally find myself laying awake at half five so we can get he weekend going.

Am I alone in this?

I was just the same when i was a kid: how can I sleep when Noel Edmonds is on TV in less than three hours. CHEGGERS!

So, was lay in bed waiting for the heating to switch on at seven, try to ignore Mulder demanding food/attention/an elephant; we still have to work that out. So, up with the larks and then put some bird seed out of the living room window so the larks have something to eat when they get up. Otherwise those early-rising larks will sit outside our window and sing. In fact they sit outside our window and sing anyway. But, we do like to see the blackbirds, robins, doves, pigeons, magpies, jays, tits and other assorted birds come to the garden for food. As do the cats, and they even, on occasion, make half-hearted attempts to catch one of them. although Molly just sits near the window and chirrup.

After an emergency cup of coffee, I head out to tesco because we have no food/milk/cat food. So, its just gotta bed done. At eight, there's not many people around so I go round, get the stuff and am heading back to the car within half an hour. All was well except the elderly lady who had managed to park at the edge of her space, this leaving me hardly any room to get into my car. Don't worry, I swing my door open, force her wing mirror out of the way: it looked better on the ground anyway. That'll show here when she comes back out and I'm laughing at her from several miles away......

And then came the rain. So, I just listen to the radio, do a session on the cross trainer. Have a shower. phew. What a morning. Jools then takes me into town so I can drink some beer. Yes, let's spend Saturday afternoon in the rack of ale drinking beer and filling their application for an entry in the Good Beer Guide. I sit down with the owner, we go over the details and all seems set. Beer? Yes, I think a pint please.

Another pint?

Why not?

Oh, just one more point. and a pack of pork scratchings please.

Thankfully Jools came at two to rescue me from the beer monster. I had been burbling to an american couple, and we drop them off at the castle. I just hope it was there they wanted to go. Anyway, they seemed pleased. Or was that to get out of the car.....

Back home, I take to the sofa to listen to the football. And fall asleep.

We round off the day by watching the final two episodes of Edge of Darkness. It was OK, but a little disappointing. However, it was watched. And we watched it.

No comments: