Friday 31 January 2014

Friday 31st January 2014

Wednesday

Back to working at home. Begin the day by chasing a mouse. I say chasing a mouse, Scully brought it in, I didn't realise it at the time. I saw her staring at one of the record racks, I looked underneath and there was a scaredy looking mouse. I thought I could grab its tail and take it out, like I have so many other mice. I reach down and pull.

And the tail comes off!

So, imagine how the day panned out for the mouse: snatched in the jaws on a feline killer, brought into the house, me chasing the mouse around the room and now i had ripped of its tail. It was bound to be upset.

Molly took up guard, and after a few failed attempts finally managed to catch the mouse. Mouse is now in Molly's mouth. She doesn't want to give it up, but then just drops mouse.

Mouse blinks and thinks I can get away here, and sets off like a mini kangaroo. Molly and I set off in pursuit. To the CD racks, and back. with a cry of delight, I scoop up the mouse in one movement with Molly thinking the mouse had headed into the book shelf. I take mouse to the back door and drop it on the patio.

Boing.

It jumps up a good nine inches in the air, and then sets off over the concrete to hide under a large plant pot.

Job done.

Back to work then......

Thursday.

A day of great excitement. Because I am working from home again, but also waiting for a delivery.

What can it be?

A few weeks ago Jools asked if I wanted to get a new camera. Of course I did, but then its not as easy at that, is it?I mean I would like one, but what one, and could i justify the expense? I liked the one my friend Gary has, a 7D, but then my colleague Anni has a 6D. And the difference? well, one is full frame whilst the 7D is not. And I decided that if was going to upgrade, I should do more than get a more up-to date version than what I have already.

New toy

So, Jools looked around and got a good deal on the 6 and ordered it, so I had to work from home, I was going to anyway, for the delivery man. Could I concentrate on work with a slab of japanese technology heading my way? Well, yes as it turned out, and once it arrived I carried on working getting the task I had begun, finished.

6D

That night we went to visit Nan; she is OK, a little down on occasion, but happy enough to see us, and happy enough to give us, or Jools, stuff to do. It really is not the best way to end your days I suppose, but there really is little other way as she can't stay here due to our stairs, and at dad's it isn't going to get nay better, and we're all getting older and they're struggling to look after themselves. And what with Betty being a permanent fixture there now, and she's ninety five.....

Afterwards we head to The Carpenter's Arms in Coldred, for another pub in the POTY contest. I have a fine pint of porter, straight from the barrel on the bar. Oh yes, the bar. I will have to go back to snap the place, as it really is as far from a theme or fun pub as its possible to get. Just a tradition village pub, no food, a coal fire, good beer and friendly conversation.

I liked it.

Now, back to the camera.....

No comments: