Monday 20 January 2014

Monday 20th January 2014

Sunday.

Sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep. Despite being congested, I manage a decent amount of shut eye and so feel slightly more human. Doubly so after a damn fine cup of coffee. I then sat down to watch MOTD, happy that I did not have to watch City’s game through my fingers as this week we actually won. Whilst I watched the footy, Jools went out to do some work in the garden, which seemed a little unfair. So I baked a batch of mince pies with the last of the mincemeat we had. Soon the air was heavy with the heady aroma of spices. Yum.

The Lane

Once they were done, I climbed back on the cross trainer to do another session. I really am beginning to feel the benfits and notice some weight loss, so I don’t want to fall into the old trap of letting it slide again. So, I pumped that lard at some 60rpm, and I will up the level on my next session, which should be Tuesday.

Mud

After lunch of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on fresh bread(!) we headed out for a walk through the mud over the fields.

The sun was out and there was just a gentle breeze blowing, it was altogether very pleasant. But the paths and fields were very mudding indeed, and in the dips and folds of the land mud had gathered to what look like several inches deep. We decided not to stray through these pools of mud, and instead were happy enough with views over the fields to the Channel beyond. We wandered back home and made a cuppa, and tried the mince pies, just for quality control purposes. Needless to say they passed.

Whilst listening to the footy on the radio, I cooked roast beef and steamed some veg. I tried to cut down on the amount, and that worked out well enough.

After dinner we sat down to watch Edge of Darkness on DVD, and outside a fox came to collect the left over roast potatoes I had just put out. All in all, not a bad day….

No comments: