Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday 19th January 2014

Saturday.

Not much really to report about Saturday. Other than the cold that had been threatening all week followed through, and after a broken night's sleep on Thursday night, the hour's difference and then the 18 hour working day until I got home, and then on top of that just four hour's sleep on Friday night. Well, I was washed out and fit for nothing.

I spent the day in my dressing gown, listening to the radio and generally passing time in a non-productive manner. However, just before lunch I did go on the cross-trainer for a session, which was tough, but it did at least wake me up, and make me feel less guilty about snoozing through the afternoon.

Yes, Sunday afternoon means football on the radio. And the sofa. And some snoozing. I suppose I got an hour during the first game, but the tension of City's game against Hull and the importance of a win meant I was awake and concentrating on the news from Carrow Road. A goal four minutes from time by Ryan Bennett was enough to win the points for Norwich, but an unconvincing performance, but they did enough to get the points. Five points now separate the bottom 11 clubs in the Prem. It's going to be a long, long run in with many ups and downs.

Good news is the roof is still on the shed, and we hope the plants inside are going to survive the worst of the winter weather, if winter ever arrives here. As in the garden spring bulbs are inches above ground level, birds are getting frisky, and there were even a few insects about. Too early for spring?

No comments: