Monday 27 January 2014

Monday 27th January 2014

Sunday.

Sunday broke with a stunning dawn. I go out onto the patio in by dressing gown to snap it. Turns out to be the only photos I will take over the weekend. Back inside I make a pot of coffee, and in change take a cuppa to Jools in bed, as she does it so often for me.

As there was no Prem to watch on TV and our interest in the Cup faded some ten days ago, instead of watching footy highlights, I watch a documentary on the search for King Alfred which taped during the week. What has become clear over the years is how incomplete my education was at school. I never studied the kings and queens of England, nor its associated history. And therefore it is only my love of such programs that fills in the voids in my knowledge.

Sunday Morning

The story of Alfred and his bones is an interesting one, but sadly unlike the story of Richard III, there was no confirmation of the bones recovered were of Alfred. But I did learn much of his life and the events he helped to shape. So, it would appear a trip to Winchester is called for, as this was the ancient capital of Wessex, where Alfred ruled from.

Whilst Jools went to visit Nan, I did another session on the cross-trainer. I still have either a cold or an allergy attack, so best not to spread any possible gems to her. That I now look forward to a work out, and now feel that I can’t go back to the lower level. So, just put on the headphones and get pumping that lard.

After lunch we head out into the pouring rain, in the car, and head to Deal so I can discuss beer. Yes, beer. I had been invited, along with other people from the CMRA group to discuss the judging on the POTY. And to have a drink. So, we chat in The Alma, and after an hour we make our excuses and head home. The rain falls just as heavy on the way home, and evening seems to be at least a couple of hours early.

I take up my place on the sofa to watch the Chelsea v Stoke game on ITV. I do snooze, but not much.

I follow many people on Twitter, and Marcus Brigstocke is one, and he had been tweeting about a thing he was doing, learning to do various winter sports. Turns out to be a reality TV show, which we try in the evening. What amazes me is who half these people are, as I have no idea who most of the faces are. One was in a boy band, another a fashion write, another a hairdresser. The former boy band member announced he has never skied before, which as he was about to compete in giant slalom was a bit of a disadvantage. And it got me thinking, is this what his life is like now, waiting for calls onto such shows , anything to avoid doing a real job? So, we watched the whole shoe, but the typical luvvie acts was all a little much, and so ends our brief foray into celeb-TV.

No comments: