Tuesday 28 January 2014

Tuesday 28th January 2014

And so to Monday morning.

And a day at work.

At home.

The cats dance in celebration.

Working from home is not that different from working in Ramsgate. Just no commute time, thus saving the money for fuel. There are no Monkeys, but there are cats. Monkey? I hear you cry. Yes, monkeys. I call the technicians monkeys as they behave like a whoop of baboons. I do know it is where they spend time when they cannot work offshore, but it is also a place of work. Many the time when I was in a meeting on the communicator I was asked if I was at either a railways station or airport due to the noise. So, now I have to pick and choose when I do go to Ramsgate when they are offshore.

So, that is why.

Inbetween working I make coffee, wash up, feed the cats, pet the cats, make more coffee, raid the fridge. And so passes the day. Only problem is that by quarter past four I lose what bandwidth I have so making working very time-consuming. So, at four fifteen, I have to switch off as uploading documents, or even saving documents on the Y drive is almost impossible.

After a simple dinner we head out for round one of the pub judging. Yes, I have volunteered to judge pubs for the local CAMRA branch, and so we have to make a start to ensure we get through all six of them in good time. First up is the daddy of them all, the one that usually wins, The Berry in Deal. Now, I don’t want to risk giving away how it went, but the good news is they had some beer, several in fact. And I tried some of them, and they were all tip top.

Jools came with me, so she drove back in the pouring rain. As I was full of beery goodness.

No comments: