Monday 11 January 2016

Monday 11th January 2016

Sunday

And another weekend slips away, with the thought that I have another three days away from home this week. But more of that another day.

It seems to have been raining since before Christmas. Rain and wind, and Sunday was no different, as already when we woke at seven, the rain was hammering on the windows at the back of the house. I make bacon butties and brews before I take to the sofa to watch the highlights of the 24 cup ties from the day previously. I realised that I had been unable to keep up all the scores as the games had been played, so many of the games results were unknown to me. Still, all fun. With the except to Norwich's result and performance of course.

Jools did a session on the cross trainer, and when she went to visit Nan, I did my own session, the first in a few weeks, in a bid to lose a few pounds prior to the holiday.

Nan is OK, apparently, as well as a soon to be 102 year old who lays in bed looking at the ceiling 24/7. Up at the old folks place, it seems the usual lack of communication is going well. However, things are progressing as we make plans for the holiday in just four months time.

Jools arrives home at two, we have cheese, crackers and wine. Or I have the wine anyway.

On the radio the 5 cup games play themselves out, with Oxford dumping Swansea out for the first real upset of the 3rd round.

With the late lunch, we skip a cooked meal for dinner and have pate on cornbread, which went down well with another huge cuppa. We end the day by watching a fine docmentary on the Romanov dynasty in pre-revolutionary Russia, and see plenty more places to add to our wish list.

No comments: