Wednesday 20 January 2016

Wednesday 20th January 2016

Tuesday

I do apologise for the allergy stuff, but I am using it as a reminder to me as to what I was doing the day before an attack to try to find a pattern. I could just be allergic to work of course. I'm sure I could find several teachers who would vouch for that. However, Tuesday was not as bad as Monday, so hopefully this will be the end of it for a while. For a long while. Let us hope so.

I did get enough sleep to be able to function, but a look at my calendar once the work computer was switched on revealed a four and a half hour 'workshop' which I knew was just going to be a talking shop. However, before then there was mail, documents to review, breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch. So I would have enough strength to last the barren afternoon.

Outside, of course, it was another glorious day with wall to wall sunshine, if very chilly in the north easterly wind. It looked like spring, with the single daffodil out by the apple tree. Didn't feel like it though.

I was proved right about the meeting, without strict adherence to the agenda, it hopelessly over-ran, and we only did one and a half subjects, which is about par for the course. And it turned out that each of our recollections of what we did and did not discuss was different, so all in all, pointless.

But with the meeting ending at half four, that seemed like the right point to call it a day and take to the gin on the sofa.

Football on the radio in the evening, laying on the sofa with Molly trying not to fall asleep. The way it should be. And I've not seen the inside of an airport for 5 days now. Feeling much better.

No comments: