Tuesday 5 January 2016

Tuesday 5th January 2016

Monday

So here it is, the big star back to work day. Could we not just stretch it one more day off?

Apparently not.

The alarm goes off at six, and we haul our sorry asses out of bed to get ready. At least for me, I am not traveling, yet, so I can lay in bed for 5 more minutes whilst Jools does her pack up, feed the cats and puts on the coffee machine.

Joold goes to work at seven, which means I leach one final hour of the holiday by watching the previous day's footy, which takes me to quarter to eight, time enoug for another pot of coffee, get gressed and find my laptop and try to remember the log on password. That was harder than it should be.

However, at least with most others being off for the same period of time, it meant there was only about 20 mails to deal with, just as well as first meeting of the day is at half eight. And so with the plan for the day ahead in place, I get on with stuff.

Morning passes and lunchtime arrives: I make corned beef sandwiches and a brew, then sit down to do more work, only for me to realise I was about to have a migraine attack. I could not focus on either of my computer screens, the only thing to do was to sit with my eyes closed whilst the flashing lights I could see, stopped. But this was one of the worst attacks I have had, it took over an hour to pass, and when it had I was left drained. I tried to work, only for my eyes beginning to hurt again.

I took to the sofa again in peace and quiet. Molly took up a position in the nook at the back of my knees and in time Mulder sat on my chest, meowing frantically that he was about to starve to death. Rain fell outside and got dark, matching my mood.

I did cook dinner, ready for when Jools came home, but I was not myself. And after eating I took to bed to lay in dark with the radio quietly on.

There is some good news however: the trip to Japan is planned and we are in the process of booking flights, and it should all be confirmed in a couple of days. We should be flying to Tokyo on May 5th for two weeks for what with be the holiday of a lifetime. Jools' stepmother is coming with us, so there will be three of us, in the land of the rising sun, all wide eyed. Exciting stuff, I just hope I will feel more up for it in the morning.

No comments: