Tuesday 5 January 2016

Wednesday 6th January 2016

Tuesday

A few hours early, but I am on me travels again tomorrow, heading to the frozen tundra of Denmark, so away for a couple of days.

Today will be remembered if for nothing else but the day where it did not get light. It was raining hard when we woke at six, and the rain got heavier through the morning, daylight never really arrived, I had to have the table light on all day so I could see to work. Obviously not good for me and a possible migraine attack, but I did not have one, and instead got a good days work done, if nothing what I actually planned to do. So it goes.

About mid-morning, I took a shot looking out of the kitchen window as the rain fell even harder, the clouds so low and dark it was like twilight. The cats stayed in all day; except for Mulder who came back in after half an hour out this afternoon like a little drowned rat, happily shaking himself standing on a dining room chair, soaking me and both my computers.

Rainy Tuesday I had meetings all afternoon, as I fretted about the time staring into a computer, the meeting went on as our discussions went round and round and round. As it always does. But at just gone four, I was able to switch it off, lay on the sofa in the dark and just clear my mind.

I made kind of sausage and bacon patties for dinner, they came out well and a half pound of sausage meat and a few rashers of bacon made enough for two meals, and it went well with the pasta salad real well too. And I kept to my resolution to cut down on the booze and had a brew instead. Feels much better even if I know I don't have a drink problem.

And then this evening we confirmed the details of our holiday: hotels are booked and so we paid the deposit. Exciting stuff, and I feel that about it today, feeling warmer after the travails of yesterday.

So, see y'all on Friday for some weekend malarkey.

No comments: