Thursday 28 January 2016

Wednesday 27th January 2016

Tuesday

With today, it makes very nearly a week that I have been home. Just my luck that my manager arranged a meeting in Jutland on Thursday so I would not get too used to being home or something like that. Perish the thought I might like to spend a whole week at home.

Tuesday was a bit of a dead loss weather-wise, as it was when the storm which dumped feet of snow on eastern US arrived, although it just had rain to drop on Blighty, so probably more floods I expect then.

And for what I expected to be a quiet day at work ended up being full on with added IT problems and telephone meetings. And it all began so well. But soon after eight the meeting invites began to arrive, and so it continued.

I looked in the fridge for something for lunch, and seeing just empty shelves, and with my egg intolerance, it meant drastic measures. It was then I saw the block of butter, and I thought I could make a batch of mince pies. So, at ten I am elbow deep in a bowl of flour and sugar, mixing in the butter, then making the pies, popping them into the oven.

Only I am halfway through a meeting I had arranged when I can smell burning pastry, so I make an excuse and rescue the pies from incineration, and get back to the meeting. An hour later I have a couple for lunch with a huge cuppa. Perfect, just like Christmas.

I cook dinner; chicken and gravy pie, for dinner. Using up the rest of the veg from Sunday. Not a bad way to celebrate Tuesday evening. But then it means I have to pack, and generally get ready for the trip on Wednesday. Such is the life of a playboy and international playboy!

No comments: