Monday 25 January 2016

Monday 25th January 2016

Sunday

You wait all week for the weekend, and when it comes it brings nothing but fog and constant drizzle. I know we could have put on rain coats and gone out anyway. But in the end, we seemed to just stay around the house. What I do know is that I am getting fixated with listening to the football on the radio almost as much as i was when I was watching it on TV. So, a break is needed, and more time to be spent outside. But for the most part this does require fairly good weather. I was hoping to head into orchid country to check on rosettes, but after some of the trips last year, I know the best site for Early Purple would be a mood bath right now, I think a couple of weeks of fairly dry weather is needed.

And then there is the system that dumped all the snow on the eastern seaboard is making its way across the Atlantic right now and arrives late tomorrow and into Wednesday, bringing up to 6 inches of rain to us. Yay for rain.

Sunday As for Sunday, breakfast, then watch football, including the horror show from Carrow Road, where defending was so passe and forgotten about. Why bother? Indeed. The period after City scored the penalty, we seemed to be reduced to headless chickens chasing shadows and deserved to concede the goals we did. I think we'll still be OK, as we can score goals, but will let in many too. But not all teams will capatalise like Liverpool did.

Jools went to see Nan, whilst I stayed home to cook lunch: roast chicken and all the trimmings. Its been a while since we had one, so the house filling with the smells was rather wonderful, and by one we were both hungry, and more than ready to eat. We also had a bottle of Prosecco too, an unusual indulgence, but very nice all the same.

I listened to the football on the radio, but soon had drooping eyes and I must have gotten an hour or more of zeds. No more lunchtime drinking for me!

The day darkened outside, and the fog finally lifted, but too late to do anything outside. We listened to more radio shows, played some Camper Van Beethoven CDs, and the day was frittered away. We even spent the evening watching TV, nothing too demanding, dinosaurs and the final part of the Romanov story, with added mad monk! He was the lover of the Russian Queens you know!

102 days until we leave for Japan. Apparently. Not that I am counting of course....

No comments: