Saturday 30 January 2016

Saturday 30th January 2016

Friday

Phew, nearly the weekend, all I have to do is get through the day and then I can do some serious relaxing.

Switching on my computer I find more than a dozen mails demanding action. Sigh. But most important thing is the report I need to write from the previous day. All can wait. So, with a cup of extra strong coffee I get stuck in. The radio burbles away in the background. Inbetween working, I make a batch of rolls, so I have something for lunch. Which means that the morning is full, and before I know it, the rolls have been baked and are now cool enough to eat. So with a large cuppa, and lashings of butter and apricot jam, they are wonderful.

The afternoon sees me tying up the loose ends of the working week; fielding phone calls, booking working hours and the such. Outside rain gently falls, and the day fades. I am waiting for a phone call until half four, when I decide I have done enough hours so I turn the computer and phone off for the week. All is good.

For dinner we have something the local butcher called hunter's chicken; chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese. I make some fancy rice to go with it, adding herbs and spices until it turns yellow; looks good. Whilst cooking I crack open a bottle of IPA, and the weekend had started properly.

The weekend had arrived, we celebrate by watching an old TOTP; all Kim Wilde, The Passions, Ultravox and Kiki Dee, before it was football time on the other side, so Molly and I settled on the sofa to watch Derby play Man Utd; Utd ran out 3-1 winner, quite easy really. Whilst outside the wind howled as yet another Atlantic storm blew in, and would blow all night

But it is the weekend after all.

No comments: