Saturday 16 January 2016

Saturday 16th January 2016

Friday

Even with nearly nine hours of sleep, I still felt like crap Friday morning. Standing on my chest, dribbling, was Mulder. Its not that we mind the handsome chap being like this, but despite however hungry he says he is, he will eat just three mouthfulls of food and wander off again. Eating only again if he hears another cat eating, THEN he's hungry again. But, it is time to get up.

Friday afternoon leg-stretcher The morning is always better with coffee, and then breakfast and then another coffee and maybe an additional coffee, just to keep the first two company. Jools leaves for work, I switch on the laptop and find who has been sending mails overnight. I record my working hours, upload a couple of documents, then deal with a couple of calls. THe morning is going well, and then all Office programs fail. All of them, at the same time.Re-booting fails to work, I cant even write mails.

Friday afternoon leg-stretcher I could feel a migraine building, that and another DEFCON 3 allergy attack meant that the only decent thing to do would be to go outside for a walk.

Friday afternoon leg-stretcher Just over the fields to the pig's copse, where it looks like the one surviving piglet from last year is about to go to market as the transport box is all parked up in the gate, ready and waiting. The poor hog was glad to see someone, pigs seem to like being in packs, and this poor piggy being alone seems unfair.

The track down the dip was muddy, and I had walked enough and got muddy enough to stand at the steel gates looking down into the mud bath at the bottom of the dip. I turn round and walk back home. Once home there is time for a brew, a check of my mails, and with my head pounding, I take to the sofa for a lay down. When I wake up, it is nearly dark and time to think about dinner.

Friday afternoon leg-stretcher That done, there is more 80s nostalgia with another TOTP re-run, only what with various sex scandals involving old Radio 1 DJs, we only get about 60% of editions as the others are hosted by convicted felons or known sex offenders. We end up watching an edition of The Good Old Days which was far more risque than I remember, but then I know no better. But it was enjoyable stuff.

Outside, the crescent moon was shining bright on a frosty landscape, but not minus 19 degree cold, just a couple of degrees below.

Anyway, its the weekend, so, to bed!

No comments: