Monday 11 January 2016

Tuesday 12th January 2016

Monday

And you lucky people get yet another blog today, as tomorrow I am traveling to the frozen north, or Norway as its called. I haven't been to Norway since I left Bergen back in what must haven been the summer of 2008. But I am going back in January, there won't be much daylight of course. But the year before, I was working out of Hammerfest in the very north of the country, I flew into the town at the end of January, landing on what seemed like the side of a mountain in a blizzard. All the other passengers thought it normal, I was terrified, but once we had slowed down, and the view out of the window looked less like a snow globe, I calmed down.

I was there for 8 weeks, and in those eight weeks we got more than 8 hours daylight at the end that we had at the beginning. Such is life at 70 degrees north I suppose.

But more of Norway at the end of the week once I get home, I suppose.

Today will always be remembered the day the Duke dies; David Bowie of course. I was looking through Twitter when I saw a tweet saying RIP Bowie. I looked on the BBC and they confirmed it. All day I have had Radio 6 on as they played wall to wall Bowie, and shared stories and the such about Mr Bowie. A shame when work got in the way on occasion.

Outside the wind blew and the rain fell in curtains. Situation normal.

I got on with work, trying to catch up so I could do my three day trip to the roof of the world and not have too much when I returned.

The morning faded into afternoon as I caught up, sent documents out, reviewed others, had lunch, fed the cats an extra meal so to have some peace and quiet.

I cooked boiled chicken and rice for dinner; sounds grim, but is very nice and produces fully and sticky rice cooked in the juices of the chicken. Then some packing, another coffee with Jools and somehow the evening is slipping through my fingers once again. Where does the time go?

So, see you on Friday.

No comments: