Monday 18 January 2016

Monday 18th January 2016

Sorry for the whinge in the previous post: I had hoped I had left all the allergy crap behind, but today, no matter what I did, no matter how many drugs I took, nothing worked. But then there is always whisky I suppose.....

Sunday

We decided that no matter what the weather was like on Sunday morning, we should go for a walk. So, after the first coffee we got dressed and pulled on the walking boots and got ready for a stomp across the countryside.

Sunday morning walk We walked out across the fields, past the pig's copse, down the dip, through the mud bath at the bottom and up the other side, but turned right to make it back to Station Road and returning home. Nothing dramatic happened, we met no tall, dark strangers and no one offered us any magic beans. For a change. We just stretched our legs, cleared our lungs and got out of the house.

Sunday morning walk Jools has a cold, and I was coming down with something, not sure if it was a cold too or another allergy attack. We now know it was an allergy attack, but hey, all the fun in allergies is the discovery. We have cheese and wine for lunch, then there is football on the radio, then more football on the radio. And there is snoozing to be done. We don't think it is a good idea to visit Nan, taking our germs to infect someone 101 years old.

Sunday morning walk In the front garden I notice the dwarf irises are about to bloom, I also read that in the month since the winter equinox, we have gained 28 minutes of daylight. And in the next month we will gain another 90 minutes. Spring is coming, no matter how cold it felt today. Most of the country, even north Kent got snow over the weekend, we escaped, which after my trip to Norway, I believe I have seen enough snow and ice for one winter already!

Sunday morning walk The weekend is over, there is the history and splendour of the Romanovs to wallow in on TV before we head up the wooden hill to bed.

No comments: