Saturday 30 July 2016

Friday 29th July 2016

I have an admission: I have been stupid. You see, last weekend my shoulder finally got better, I had no pain and full movement. I was happy.

The lawn also needed mowing.

What is the connection? Well, we have a petrol mower, and it had not run for some weeks, so on Monday when I cut the grass, I had to pull, and pull and pull on the chord to get the engine to start. After the 4th of 5th time, I realised this wasn't clever, and managed to get it started with less vigorous movements, but it seems the damage had already been done. And as the week went on my shoulder began to ache more and more. I am hoping that its not so bad as first time I did it, but we shall see.

You will be pleased to know I am reminded of my stupidity every night as I struggle to find a comfortable position to sleep in, or the jarring pain when I turn over in my sleep.

So, each morning I wake up after another night of broken sleep, but at least I have either Molly or Scully keeping me company, they don't seem to mind my tossing and turning.

Being the last day of the week, there are the usual end of weeks chores to do at work, rounding up data, writing reports, making calls and the such. In that way the day zips by until come half two, I see that those who were in this week, have left, and as I seem to be caught up, I thought I would give myself an early stack. I told myself I deserved it, I have done some good stuff this week.

I sit in the garden ready the latest edition of Rail, so I can pop it over to Bob over the road, so next week I can crack on with The Night Manager that I started on the last trip. I can see me ending up reading all of Le Carre's novels.

Anyway, Jools comes home at four, we have coffee, then we decide we're hungry enough to have dinner early, and seeing as its left over pasta and aubergine, it is ready in a few minutes, and is wonderfully light and tasty.

Iggy Pop played his favourite Bowie records on 6 Music for two hours, it was wonderful, hearing his memories of the Thin White Duke, and the tunes were, well, Bowie. And special. You can listen to it on the BBC i player for the next 28 days. I would.

No comments: