Wednesday 27 July 2016

Tuesday 26th July 2016

Another glorious morning dawned, and from upstairs in the golden light of early morning, I could survey the work I had done on the lawn the day before. From up in the back office, the lawn looks fine and the moss which covers most of the top half is impossible to see. What is still visible is the path the cats take in walking from the back door to the gap in next door's hedge.

Like a bowling green Jools is off to work at half six or so, so I am left with the task of making the second coffee for the day, then making breakfast and then thinking about the big task for the day: travel expenses. They are never as bad as you think they will be, but always drag my heels when it is time to do them, but I can spread the task over two days, and be free of them for another month.

The highlight of the past two days has been that I sold my second item on e bay, and so once the auction closed, had to arrange it to be taken to the buyer. I have never used a courier, but it was simple enough, and was given a time between half ten and four when the box would be collected. They came at half one, looked over the box, scanned the label and it was gone; the Revolver turntable I bought for £80 in 1995 sold for £100, and all those years of fine service inbetween.

With that excitement done, I needed a sit down with a strong cuppa, so I did, watching some Time Team eye candy over my lunch break.

With the Limoncello and Grapa Tart still about, and it being so rich, we only need snacks for the next two days while we finish it; so once Jools is back we have cheesy beans on toast before making another pot of coffee as we tackle another slice of tart, and as the serving suggestion, er, suggested, served with cream and more limoncello. It was wonderful.

The evening was cooler, but we still sat outside watching the day fade and the planes flying over head, seeing if we could spot their lights through the thin cloud.

You might be interested to learn that I have begun updating the Japan blogs as many were written in a rush, so expanded and now with extra photos too. Look for the blogs in May with the (updated) prefix.

No comments: