Thursday 28 July 2016

Wednesday 27th July 2016

Hump Day

And although it is the 3rd day of the working week, it only felt like the second, so like most things in my life, it was a bonus.

It is another day working from the dining room table, and it would be memorable for the ongoing argument with Scully, a cat, as to where her food should be. She will only eat when her food is on the windowsill by the back door, even if there is one, two or three full or partially full bowls elsewhere in the utility room.

So each time she comes into the living room, meowing like she hasn't been fed in like, months, I follow her into the utility room, pick her up from the windowsill put her on the work top by the other bowls of food. She looks at the food, jumps down and goes out.

Five Years ago: Crescent lake Then comes into the living room 5 minutes later, meowing like she is sooooo hungry.

I am then into my Scully loop as detailed above. Its just a case who will get bored first, me or her. I can do this all day, otherwise I'd have to do some work or something.

Five years ago. Neah Bay Anyway, is it time for lunch? I ask myself at nine. I tell myself wait an hour. I do and so toast some cornbread and have tangy Seville marmalade spread thickly on it. Yes, this is the brunch of champions I tell myself.

It is a grey day outside, so dark I have to have the table light on some of the time, but then work gets very serious, and I am on the phone for ages and ages. Anyway, the day passes quickly and soon enough it is time to wrap up, and do chores.

Five Years Ago; North west Point Chores in this case is watering the pot plants and tomatoes, as the rain we should have had, had pouring down, failed to come and instead we just had drizzle. So, parched and drooping plants fixed; now just wait for Jools to come home with breaded chicken fillets so I can make dinner; something light as we have the final two slices of the limoncello and grappa tart to eat that evening too.

Somehow it is ten past eight by the time we sit down after clearing up after dinner. Where does the time go? Just to confuse matters there is Gardeners' World, on a Wednesday, and our weekly dose of The Done, followed by a new series about the native tribes of the Pacific North West. Great show and wonderful scenery. Although I have been there once before, we feel a return might be called for. So, another place to add to the list!

No comments: