Friday 15 July 2016

Tuesday 12th July 2016

As is usual here in Denmark, I am awake as soon as it gets light, which is something like the middle of the night still. Still unsure when very late at night becomes very early in the morning. But I do go back to sleep and doze until half six Outside it still look like November, but it is warmer, apparently, so after a shower and getting dressed, I go down for breakfast before the short drive to work.

I have a new bug to train, and he is eager and keen, so it falls on me to tell him that all is not sweetness and light, but getting better. Which is good enough I suppose.

There are plenty of coffee breaks, and then meetings, more meetings and then phone calls more phone calls and plenty of e mails.

Before I have two minutes, it is already half two, and I have missed lunch, and oh look, another meeting to attend!

We are done at four, so we all go our separate ways, and me back to the hotel where I grab a coke and some crisps to much in front of the computer as I listen to the radio.

I am meeting an old friend, Steffan for drinks, and so I walk up the high street, past all the shops offering much cheapness in the sales, right up to the main square and into my old haunt of Dronning Louise to wait for Steffan.

We have Hoegaarden and chili burgers and much chatting. Things seem to be picking up, and anyway, life always seems good with a large cold beer in your hand. We are joined by Brian, and so he also joins us for chili burger, and its just like the old days.

The skies had cleared, and the sun shone down from the evening skies, warm and golden. I really should be making something of the evening, instead I am walking back to the hotel to do more work, and a dozen mails had dropped since four, and I needed to catch up.

I put on the radio, and lay on the bed to listen and lose an hour to sleep. Now to work I say, and reluctantly go to the computer to write.

No comments: