Tuesday 8 August 2017

Monday 7th August 2017

Those of you with sharp eyes, or those who have been taking notes, will realise that time is getting short before we head way out west, and so from Friday there will be no blogs for nearly three weeks, but upon our return there will be an avalanche of them, as I hope to write on our pocket book tablet thingy. Maybe, if you're lucky, I will be able to update photos as we go to Flickr, but the blog site really doesn't like me to travel as the new ISP seem to confuse it.

So for now, I have three days work left, and working from home too. Which means me working at the dining room table, and trying to concentrate on the job in hand. Which is preparing a document for the new project, whose name I can't tell you, yet. But soon, my precious.

Jools is snowed under still, which means getting up at the crack of dawn, getting ready for work and driving to Hythe at half six, then working for at least 11 hours to try to get ahead. I don't have such issues, thankfully. I just plod on, writing, cross-checking references.

Two hundred and nineteen I have breakfast, and a really strong cup of tea. And that is all I need to power through until nearly nine when more tea is needed. And again at ten. And again at eleven. I brew up as I was on my way to the downstairs facilities anyway.

Despite the best of intentions, the forces of evil are abroad, diverting me from my chosen task, and at this rate the princess in the tower will never be freed. Sigh.

I have some pate on toasted cornbread with yet more tea, and all is right with the world. Until I am diverted again. Bugger.

I give up, switch the main computer on and have Radcliffe on as I swear at the e mails coming in. I mean, why bother. Why indeed. Half four comes and I give up, saving the document I should have been working on and call it quits for the day, and should have gone straight onto the crystal meth. But there is dinner to cook, of course.

Jools is working an hour and a half extra a day, an hour in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening, so I can mess around through the late afternoon before preparing dinner for us. I had gathered the courgettes from the garden, baked them along with some tomatoes, onion and garlic, then whizzed the results up ready to pour over cooked pasta, once I knew Jools was on the way home. Looked messy, but was lovely, espeically with the stuffed focaccia bread I baked too.

Once washed up, we sit in the garden and eat the last of the Magnums, as darkness falls. Sadly clouds were too thick to see the full moon rise, but we were treated to a yellow smudge between the houses on the other side of the dip, marking where the moon had risen.

No comments: