Sunday 6 August 2017

Saturday 5th August 2017

Tee minus seven days. And counting.

Start of the Football League Season. You have been warned.

NOw, with the time spent at the Rack the afternoon before, and then coming home to cheese and wine, I was feeling a tad shabby Saturday morning. I could have done with a shower, a shave and a fresh set of clothes. But there is the usual Saturday ritual to be done: coffee, feed the cats and then Tesco. I say I will do Tesco, then we can have breakfast and I will shower and change. Not much needed, so I go round with the last shop for a while, then have an idea; why not go out for breakfast?

Two hundred and seventeen Why not indeed.http://www.dover-kent.com/Black-Robin-Kingston.html So, once back home, we unload the ice cream and dairy stuff, and jump in the car to go to Walmer to the Corner for fry ups. A large breakfast for me, and a normal one for Jools. And much better to have someone cook instead of me, and no washing up. It went down well, and we were fed and watered and on our way back home by nine in the morning. I have shower and shave when I get back and feel almost human.

Almost.

Thing is huge storms were forecast, and there was stuff to do in the garden, and wha with the storm tracker on, it was fin to see the lightning edge ever southwards through the home counties, London and then into Kent. In the end we had a few distant rumbles and that was it, but we had a good soak from a cloudbreak, so I was able to lay on the sofa watching the rain come down, whilst listening to the first games of the season. Norwich were away at Fulham, a place where we have not won since 1986. And we did not have high expectations, but after conceding a poor own goal (but then all own goals are poor no?), City got better, and pulled level with four minutes to go to claim a point and start the season unbeaten. Just 45 more games to go.

It will come as no surprise to learn we dined on insalata caprese, fresh bread and half a bottle of a cheeky red.

May not have been an exciting day, quite relaxing in part, but the garden looks a picture, Norwich are unbeaten meaning I could look at the highlights come nine on Channel 5.

No comments: