Saturday 5 August 2017

Thursday 3rd August 2017

It might sound lazy to admit we had a man in to trim our hedges. We could have done it, we cave clippers; both manual and electric, but given that we both work, it would mean doing it at the weekend. Bob over the road has a bloke go round now he can't do the garden, so we had him come round in early spring to trim, and decided to have him come round again this week. An hour or so of work, paid to a bloke with all the tools, done a job it would have taken us most of the day to do. No brainer, really.

Two hundred and fifteen It being Thursday, its bin day, and have to do so in a way to avoid the neighbours, as the cold war continues In fact, not quite true, as Jools did speak to them earlier this week informing them of the hedge trimming, not much else to say other than they said thanks, and that was it. Anyway, bins put out in plenty of time, and I was having breakfast when the gardener came and was waiting outside for the clock to tick round to eight so he could start. I brief him, and say I have to go as I have a meeting to attend. So, I hear the motor of the strimmer fire up, and don the headphones and ring in.

After the trim At nine I go out to see if he wanted a brew, only to be told he was done and was packing up. We make small talk and I explain about the meadow conversion; e is interested, even more so in wild orchids, I could talk for hours on them I warn!

After the trim And then he is gone, and I can get back to work.

I have a pressing task, but the forces of darkness were determined to distract me from my chosen path, and so I get nothing done I had planned.

Come half three, nearly four, I was worn out. I mean worn down by it all, and still am really. THe upcoming break will be very welcoming indeed.

After the trim The evening was spent watching the Women's European Championship; England were playing Holland, and seemed like in with a chance of maybe winning. But from the start they seemed sluggish and second best. 1-0 down at half time, and conceding an early one in the 2nd half, and it was just about over. They hit the post and had a few other chances, but then Holland hit a 3rd with a few minutes left and it was all over. But a great showing from the Lionesses, and nearly 4 million fans watched on TV.

And that was it for another Thursday, just four working days to go now. Not counting, oh no.

No comments: