Tuesday 1 August 2017

Monday July 31st 2017

And just like that, not like that, it's bloody Monday again. But I'm not traveling again this week either, not even to Leuven or Warrington, just switching between chairs at the dining room table. As you do.

The usual early morning ritual takes place; feed the cats, make coffee, check on the news. And so it begins.

Jools goes upstairs for a shower, and I have some fruit for breakfast, and to start the working day, I have a meeting with my boss who has been on vacation for four weeks, and his mind, apparently, is still on a yacht between islands in eastern Greece. But, I have no real problems, in fact been a busy little bee, and so all goes well.

Two hundred and twelve For the day I have to begin a document, I begin all full of hope and with good intentions, but near to lunch I lose my mojo, put on the radio and my mind joins my boss's on a yacht somewhere in Greece. At least I remembered to put my phone on this week, I forgot all last week and the battery died, so was unreachable out of work hours. THough who would want to speak to me at that time, other than the mice.

Morning passes into afternoon, outside the sun shines, but the wind blows, and so I chase butterflies around the garden, who would rather be roosting somewhere safe and less blowy.

Time Team has two episodes I have seen, so don't watch those, instead put the radio on and bop the afternoon away. I make calls and in my mind, I am ready for the morrow when the preparation work I have put in will help the words flow from my keyboard.

Dinner was to be pizza and beer; two of the major foodgroups covered right there. Mine is pulled pork and chilli, and is as fiery as I imagined, and Jools has her usual chicken and mushroom. And we can listen to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, now on the 5th out of 6 episodes of this run. How quickly time flies.

And that was it; Monday over. And another Month over too. Tomorrow is August, a month of travel and more stuff.

1 comment:

nztony said...

You say tomorrow is August, yet I arrived at Heathrow back in mid May. That seems very weird, surreal, it sounds such long ago now, yet it doesn't seem so. Time is flying.