Saturday 14 April 2018

Friday 13th April 2018

Friday.

Day 6 of a 5 day week.

Or so it seems.

And there would be trouble ahead, but while there is e mails and phone calls, I'll face the gin and drink. Or something.

Jools gets ready for work getting her stuff together and being out of the door by twenty past six, I was still looking for my shit let alone getting it together. A second coffee helped, as did half a packet of oatcakes smothered in butter and Seville Marmalade. Now that's a breakfast.

Are we ready?

As the issues were not so bad now, first try to track my boss to tell him before he tells his bosss things are sit. Not so shit now. Looking sunny and happy. I am smiling not because its the weekend, oh noes.

The morning passes, crisises come and go. What is the plural of crisis?Oh yes, a shitstorm.

I have lunch, scrambled eggs. Gegs if you will. And feel better.

Over in Denmark people finish for the weekend, and the flow of mails slow. I have to wait until nearly four for the last good message of the day, and the weekend can begin.

Phew.

One hundred and three Just as work finished, the mist clear and so do the clouds, and a fall of burning gas is seen in the sky. I rush out to take snaps now that the triffids are flowering and looking wonderful. Jools is home, we have coffee before I make bangers, mash and beans for dinner. A meal from our childhoods, though, in fairness, not with bangers flavoured with wild garlic. We were tasting them all evening. Iggy Pop (amen) is on the radio until the Don is on TV. So we adopt the position on the sofa to get our weekly fix, now increased to a whole hour of gardeny goodness.

No comments: