Wednesday 25 April 2018

Tuesday 24th April 2018

Back in the jug agane.

All work and no play, makes Jelltex a dull boy.

But I have just 13 days working now before two weeks off, and I can see the orchids stretching out in front of me. Forever.

But before orchid heaven, there is work. Mails, calls and meetings. Always the meetings.

Outside it is sunny again, but cooler, but worth going out with the camera to see what is about. To my surprise in three days the apple tree has developed buds and now the blossom is beginning to open.

One hundred and fourteen I take a shot.

And back inside for breakfast, more coffee and start work.

The morning passes with no crisis, I have regular visits from the cats just to make sure that I don't want to feed them.

Outside the clouds begin to roll over, and what was a warmish pleasant day seems to turn the calendar back two months, so I go round closing the windows.

Better have a brew to warm up.

At the end of the afternoon, I gird my loins once more for a session on the cross trainer, so with a soundtrack of The Clash, BAD, New Order and so on, I do half an hour whilst Scully watches me from her new favourite bed inside the wardrobe. Yes, the wardrobe. Molly has been using it, as she learnt how to open the door, climb in and it closed behind her. Scully can't do that, but the door is now open all the time, so she sleeps on it during the day.

Dinner is to be the leftover steak from Sunday, along with more saute potatoes and frozen corn. It works very well, I have to say, not as good as Sunday, but still good.

For the evening there is football on the radio, Liverpool in Europe against Roma, which Liverpool take a 5-0 lead by 70 minutes, but tire to end up 5-2 winners. A stunning result, but those away goals could haunt them next week.

No comments: