Thursday 26 April 2018

Wednesday 25th April

Four months since Christmas.

Just so you won't forget.

Wednesday, halfway through the week. At lunchtime at least. And its all downhill from here, apparently.

Wotcha doin? It is another day working from home, so you know the score. It is dull repetitive, and I am watched at most time by one or more of the cats. In fat, Molly took up position laying on my gadget bag, staring at me for an hour as I took part in teleconferences. She seemed to be interested in what I did, and purred if I stopped to stroke her head.

It was a bright morning, and during a coffee break I go on a walk round the garden to see what was new or what was fading. The lupins we planted are taking well, and the upward pointing leaves managed to collect dew at their base, so creating an ideal photographic opportunity.

One hundred and fifteen But there is always work, mails and meetings. And always, being watched by Molly.

In the afternoon it clouded over, and rain began to fall, good as the garden in getting dry, in fact hard to remember when it rained last. So the clouds get heavier and it get darker so I have to put the table light on to work.

Even if I say so myself, dinner was a triumph: shoarma lamb, new potatoes and a combination of smoked bacon, broccoli, peppers and onion fried in olive oil. And was all wonderful.

Just before dusk, a fox came into the garden to clear up the peanuts and seeds from around the bird feeders. Must be hungry to be so close to houses in near daylight. I get shots.

Foxy More football in the evening, Bayern v Real, and Jools found how to watch it on the net, but my eyes were heavy and I ended up listening to the radio laid out on the sofa.

No comments: