Thursday 5 April 2018

Wednesday 4th April 2018

I woke up in the smoking room. That is a room for smokers and not a room that was smoking. Just to be clear. And I decided that there was no way was I going to spend a second night here. Oh no.

Ninety four I get ready for work, and go down for breakfast, where I meet my old boss, Philip, who joins me for breakfast and a chat. He tells me about his life in semi-retirement and three day week's and I think that sounds really good. There is no chance am I going to get that past by boss. Anyway, he is happy in that his week is going to end on Thursday, and is off to Tuesday. I think he does travel on Mondays, so does three full day's work wherever he is, but still. He is 63, and had a tough time on the last project, no idea how he did it to be honest, and who wants to be working 18 hours a day when you should be putting on your gardening gloves in your golden years?

Meanwhile in Aarhus Who indeed.

I am not hungry, so after half a roll and two coffees I go to the car and drive to the main road, where it was still early enough so there weren't too many gangs of cyclists to avoid, turning left onto the main road and then straight on past the university to the road to the office. All without knocking anyone over, which has to be good.

Car Park I have half an hour before the course starts, so arrange my seat on the flight home, making sure it is right this time, and after sifting through the mails, I am ready for the course.

Chillin on the rainbow bench I won't bore you, I was bored enough for both of us. But six hours of powerpoint, minimal breaks and we were done.

Carpeted We finished early, at half two, giving me over two hours to get work done, and I believe I am all caught up, with with more travel on the horizon, plenty of opportunities to fall behind again.

Aarhus in bloom By five the traffic was quiet and safe enough to venture out onto the road back to the hotel, and all went well, even the right turn by the art museum, arriving at the hotel and getting a parking space near to the entrance.

Whale-o-copter On the way, I had seen the carpet of crocus was out in the park opposite the hotel, so without going to what should be a new smoke free room, I go to snap the scene and try not to look like a stalker with all the music students milling about, lugging cellos and double basses.

New Bar @ Radisson That done, I walk back to the hotel, go to my new room and it is lovely and unsmoky. I lay in the bed and breathed in deeply the clear smoke-free air, then turn the heating off, open the window and by ten should be cool enough so I could sleep.

Ebeltoft Gardbryggeri I met Philip in the bar at six, just time before so that I could try the new bar in the hotel and a new beer.

Incoming message We walk down the main street to the tapas place I have been to before. We order the mix of 8 tapas and drinks and chat about life, as it was eight years ago next week that he foolishly decided to employ me, and to whom we owe our current lifestyle. He said it was all down to me, and had excelled since starting and really grown into the new job. He has a silky tongue that one.

Going Green The food is good, though for the most part we had no idea what it was we were eating. And it all goes well with the half carafe of house red I ordered.

In the hotel I have a shower before the football began; Citeh at Liverpool, and what a game it was, Liverpool running out 3-0 winners, and played in the best atmosphere I have heard in years.

Now to sleep, for the morrow I return to Blight.

No comments: