Saturday 7 April 2018

Friday 6th April 2018

Now, this should have been a day off for me, as I am working on Sunday. I say working, travelling to the airport to fly into Hamburg ready for an early meeting on Monday.

But there are always meetings to attend, mails to reply to, so I will have some time off on Tuesday. More of that another day, as there is a whole load of things to do before then.

I sleep through the alarm, and when Scully comes back to bed after her breakfast, and jumps up via my feet. OK, I am awake now.

Ninety six And outside it is already a glorious day, and the wasn't yet up, but the sky a deep red, lashed with pinks, and all around birds in the trees and bushes are singing their approval too.

I do have a late start, I know the meetings will be around lunchtime, but I call my boss to make sure and explain why I won't be available all day. He is happy with that, as it seems the flu is making a return over there and several team members down with a bout. I feel better being back home.

Long Tailed Tit Aegithalos caudatus Jen had given us a half dozen small eggs from her little shaggy hen, so I made scrambled egg for a mid morning brunch, and the colour of them is so yellow.

So I start work at nne, ping mails around, causing mayhem, as I do. Molly thinks I am ignoring her, so she lays between me and the laptop. I clear her away, so she decides to try catching birds in the back garden. I think birds are too fast for her, but she can still catch and disassemble a mouse in a flash.

Long Tailed Tit Aegithalos caudatus We have the meeting and spend more time talking about beer than we do work, which is fine with me. I have no actions, so as soon as the meeting ends, I switch off the computer and put the radio on.

It am the weekend.

I make a brew to celebrate, and in the absence of a Kit Kat or slice of Limoncello and Grappa tart, I make do with some salt and vinegar crisps, which is good enough. And although it is sunny again outside, there is a keen breeze which takes the top of the temperature, in fact I could have done with the heating on through the day, but decide not to.

Hummingbird Hawk Moth Macroglossum stellatarum I sit in the garden and am rewarded with a first sighting of a Hummingbird Hawkmoth; and as I have the big boy lens, I get shots, not great, but OK. And I also get shots of Long Tailed Tits on the feeder, chirping away. Things like that that make the day worthwhile.

Jools comes home, I make yet another brew. Molly has another appointment with the vet, hopefully the final one. Jools will take her and I will go on the cross trainer.

I work out to a Who soundtrack, which works quite well I have to say. And I am done by the time Jools comes back with Molly, and the good news is that this is her last visit for three months, her weight is stable at 3.6kg, and all is good.

Hummingbird Hawk Moth Macroglossum stellatarum Molly soon gets over the trip and decides she would like dinner.

Meow?

I cook koftes for dinner, and some saute potatoes. Lovely dirty food.

After a shower and the Friday Free for All, we sit down to watch Guardians of the Galaxy II, which was a sharp and snappy as the first part, but the story not quite so good, and the CGI action sequences impossible to follow. And that was it, Friday; no Don. No Gardeners World.

No comments: