Monday 22 October 2018

Monday 22nd October 2018

And here I am catching up on blogs before I go off on me travels this week. I have to travel on Wednesday the project team is being called to a hotel in northern Jutland for some team building action. As many of us have been on the team for four years one might ask how much team building is really necessary.

But before travel, there is a full day at work and the chilling thought of that overflowing inbox.

We both slept badly to be honest, so it was some relief when it was time to get up and have some coffee. The cats were overjoyed to be home, and told us this regularly through the night, but once fed were happy enough to clear off for hours.

Jools is off to work, and I watch the Football League highlights online, seeing as Norwich won at the weekend.

That watched and breakfast prepared and eaten, it was time to get dressed and start work. As I had been off 19 days, there were a number of Windows updates to download and install, all of which meant my computer was just about unusable for three hours.

Two hundred and eighty four Which was nice.

But it settled down, and there were meetings, more meetings and news to gather and work out what it all means.

I have jam and crisp sandwiches at ten, as I was hungry, and by the early afternoon I could hear the pork pie in the fridge calling me. I had seen it in Tesco on Saturday, and thought I could really go for a pork pie But only being home for two days before going away, there is only so much food you can eat in that time, but I could make half the pie disappear.

The day fades as does my enthusiasm, I mean I was feeling pooped' So, I potter in the garden a bit before one final check on work mails and signing off and than starting preparing dinner. The boiled chicken and rice is just ready as Jools arrives how, just as the sun is setting and trees on the other side of the dip glow in the warm light.

And that was my first day back at work, like I was never away, really.

See you again at the weekend.

No comments: