Thursday 4 October 2018

Wednesday 3rd October 2018

Last day at work. For a while.

And it seemed I had a stack of work to get done and meetings to attend.

But it was just one day, how bad could it be?

Not bad at all, really.

I prioritised my work, meaning I had reduced the to do pile by half, I kept on top of the inbox, and replied each time a new mail came in, zinging it back.

The day crawls by, but by the time the project meeting is over, and I have my weekly meeting with the Project Manager, tying up loose ends.

Two hundred and seventy five And then there was a huge e mail to write.

The cats came in at four to let me know time was getting on, but by half four, it seemed I was done.

And now with passion I set my out of office message, powered the laptop down, switched the work phone off and packed it all away.

And I laughed. Laughed long and loud.

Plugs Jools had taken a couple of hours off to pick up a new mobile, don't ask me what model, and then went to see Jen, but was driving back for half five.

I cook breaded chicken and fries and corn.

Plugs Sitting down, raising a glass of cold dark beer, we toasted our good fortune again, I was on holiday, but Jools still had one more day to work. Which meant I would be on cat duty the next morning.

I spend all evening editing pictures of churches and posting them online, in order to be up to date for when I come home with thousands of shots from the US of A to post.

And Norwich were playing, playing against Derby, or Frank Lampard's Derby as they must now be called. Apparently. City play well score in the 2nd half, but concede an equaliser late on, but dra 1-1, which I would have settled for.

No comments: