Tuesday 30 October 2018

Monday 29th October 2018

Back to work.

But, working from home.

Jools tried to set her alarm for six, but Mulder had us up twenty minutes before then.

And it was getting light, already. This was the bonus of the clocks going back.

Now, it may seem there is always something wrong with me, and on this day a combination of things, ailments, made it a very miserable second half of the day. But, first, my bad back, a muscle strain or something was really getting me down, and being at the top of my glutes, just sitting on the dining room chairs was painful. I take some painkillers and hope it will get better.

Jools has made coffee, and I drink that whilst watching MOTD2, but the though of hearing Jose taking the credit for Utd's win means I stop the video before that game comes on.

Time for breakfast and a second coffee before setting up the office on the dining room table, and off we go, like I'd never been away.

But my back was really causing me some discomfort, so I am up and down all morning, ending up on the sofa with my lap top on my lap, as this is the least painful option.

I carry on working.

Now, allergies.

As you know I have had a long time problem with allergies that seem to range from too much shower gel to a Southeastern class 395 Javelin, and much inbetween. Sometimes I don't have a shower so I don't un-neccessary shower gel or shampoo on. But sometimes, for no reason, and attack begins.

To be honest, sometimes telling an allergy attack from flu is tricky, but as a rule, an allergy attack as snot setting like concrete in my nose, and a cold/flu means there is an endless supply of the stuff, usually flowing freely. It begins with sneezing fits, which in itself is another allergy warning, and then my nose clogs up, and even swallowing and breathing is an effort.

And this, coupled with my back makes this boy very miserable indeed.

Three hundred and two What does light up my day is the delivery of a photographic book I had been searching for all over New England, but found a copy of I Winston Link's best work for twenty quid, and that arrived late in the afternoon.

By the time evening comes, I am feeling very down indeed, painful to get up, walk and my nose blocked solid.

So fed up.

I do make insalata and garlic bread for dinner, which I wash down with some wine.

Through the evening the allergies range from bad to dreadful, and I am concerned sleep will be impossible, so before bed I take more drugs and the "last resort" nasal spay, which I don't think will work, but does, I lay in bed and one nostril clears, enough for me to relax and sleep soon comes.

No comments: