Monday 22 October 2018

Sunday 21st October 2018

We both woke up some time after eight, meaning nearly 12 hours sleep. And I suffered with a wooly head the rest of the day, but we did both feel better.

It was like we had never been away in that there was football to watch, bacon butties to cook. And as I cleared up after those, Jools went to collect the cats. And I have to report that Mulder bowels did nearly last until she got home. Nearly, but not quite. So, Mulder emerged from his box half drenched in wee, and a pile of poo left behind. He didn't seem to mind, but Jools and I chased after him trying to towel him down to get the worse of the wee off him.

For the rest of the day we both had feline shadows following us about; Mulder followed Jools and Scully followed me, with Scully sitting in the stairs mewing for me to go to bed, at midday. Nice thought, lady, but not now.

I posted bogs, edited shots, listened to the radio and generally frittered the day away.

I did call Mum, I mean nearly four weeks since we last spoke and a holiday in the US to chat about, and yet there was nothing there, no spark of interest. He only news was that she had had an eye test and needed new glasses. She asked no questions about New York or Boston, and the only bit of interest was when she said that Autumnwatch was from New Hampshire this year, and that we had driven through there on Friday.

Two hundred and eighty three I made carbonara for lunch, we worked in the garden whilst the sun shone, and the day faded.

Heck, it was even warm into evening, we were jaded, but was still good to be home with each other and the cats. In addition none of our plants had wilted whilst we were away, only blot on the horizon was that work was looming in the morning. So, Jools ironed the washing, put stuff away, and I packed my case ready for travel on Tuesday. Planning ahead for a change.

We have steak and ale pie for dinner, quite lat for us at half seven, eaten whilst listening to Desert Island Discs. As we are now that age.

And that is it, other than we were not that tired, and only realised how late it was quarter past ten, meaning the holiday was now very nearly over.

Oh well.

No comments: