Thursday 4 October 2018

Thursday 4th October 2018

Up at five to be ready to take Jools to catch the bus to work, and to round up the terrible twins, Mulder and Scully.

The worse part of any holiday is operation cat round up, and the highlight is the opposite when we pick them up at the end.

But without Molly now, rounding up the two cats is fine, as they are food centric at that time, and their cat senses are not so keen as dear Molly's/ They are in their baskets in a few seconds, even if Scully did try to make a dash for it under the spare bed.

All done.

Now for coffee, breakfast, and to take Jools into town to get the bus, as I had to have the car to take the cats....

Two hundred and seventy six Dawn was under way when we set off, and as we approached the castle, the views with the two old radar towers was just too good to pass up. So we stop to snap it, then drive down into town to the bus station, where Jools had ten minutes to wait, I return home, and see that dawn was turning into sunrise, so after making another coffee, I snap the scene.

And so, apart from dropping the cats off, what to do with the day. My head was full of ideas, but in the end, as we are going to be away from home for two weeks, a day at home, with no work, just bimbling, reading, music and so on, sounded fine.

Trails Come nine, I load the car u wit the mogs and take then to Denton, along the A2, an easier trip once rsh hour and school runs were over.

It started out being glorious when we left home, but by the time we got to Coldred, clouds covered the sky and mist was rolling in; where had my summer day gone?

Sunrise Mulder even held his bowels, which was nice, and they started singing again when they realised where we had come to. Linda came out, I filled in the paperwork and put them in their pun. All done, see you in 16 days!

And off back home.

Back home, it was sunny again, and I thought of another Clouded Yellow hunt, but in truth, my heart wasn't in it, and I convinced myself the wind was too strong to bother.

I watch American Pickers, have lunch, more American Pickers. Wash up, read, edit some pictures, listen to the radio, read some more.

And before you know where you are, its four in the afternoon and time to go to collect Jools from Hythe.

Where had the day gone?

Jools came out of the factory at five, she was on holiday too now, and we would celebrate by going home to have bangers and mash.

As you do.

And the evening? Packing. Showers. More packing and writing.

So, see you in 16 or so days.

Bee good. I need the break to be honest.

No comments: