Saturday 12 September 2020

Friday 11th September 2020

It am Friday!

And while Jools has to crawl out of the pit at five, yours truly has learned how to ignore said alarm and sleep through to six, when it is getting light.

In the hour I sleep on, Jools feeds the cats, clears up errant cat poo, makes the bed, has a shower and is getting dressed.

And there is a coffee waiting for me.

Before I am concious, Jools is ready to go to work, give me a peck on the cheek and has gone.

The cats have gone to bed, or so I thought, but soon Poppy comes down wanting yo be entertained. I get the cat nip fish on a string out, and half an hour flies by.

It is to be a bright, slightly cloudy day, and I had toyed with going for a walk before Le Tour starts, but I had a hour long call where a colleague and I discuss the need or requirement for training when rolling out a new process, and bam, the morning has gone.

Two hundred and fifty five Work is fine, I am up to date and my boss cancels our 1:1 meeting, so no new last minute tasks before the weekend.

Yay.

Live coverage of Le Tour starts at one, so I am on the sofa a minute to, fresh coffee in hand and my laptop on my, er, lap, all ready to deal with those Friday afternoon dramas.

At half two, the computer download a software update, and needs to reboot. I tell it to shut down and finish on Monday morning. It was the weekend.

Jools returns from work at three, laden with shopping and having done her first full working week since May. Needless to say she is even more shattered, but it went well, and people said how much they missed her.

But it was good to get home and put the shopping away, have a cookie and a coffee.

That's better.

And once Le Tour had finished, I start to prepare courgette fritters and fresh corn. And wine. Sweet red wine.

We toast the weekend and ourselves, and then tuck in.

Although we were not hungry, we have the two remaining cookies with another coffee in the evenin, before we take to the sofa for the weekly dose of Monty.

No comments: