Wednesday 9 September 2020

Tuesday 8th September 2020

There is a new interface design on the blog site, making it more difficult to see updates and whether people have commented. Not sure why change is needed to something that is a blogging site, but I suppose software designers have to earn a crust too. But if I miss a comment or two, then you'll know why. THe finished blogs, all look the same, apparently.

Unexpected sunshine It seems the spell checker on Google also now no longer works, so please excuse any mistakes.

So, I have no idea why.

But back to Tuesday: my back aches. My arm aches. The cross trainer looks like an item of medieval torture. I will go back another day.

Verbena It is now dark until nearly six, and about ten past when the sun shows to the south east. The year presses on and on.

Small White Pieris rapae I have coffee, and Jools is off to work early, to get into the office before the others, as she likes the peace and quiet and is able to work without interferance.

Two hundred and fifty two The forecast was for dark cloud all day, so it was a surprise to see the sun rise into a mostly blue sky, maybe it would cloud up later.

Or not.

We have our early morning meeting, not much news or gossip, again.

Hummingbird Hawk Moth.  Macroglossum stellatarum And then to work, with just enough to keep my busy and not bored, which is nice. I think back to my days in operations when I used to get a dozen mails an hour, hundreds of mails a week to act on once read, between meetings and then on top of that find time to do the job you are paid to do.

Hummingbird Hawk Moth.  Macroglossum stellatarum I go outside and see a hummingbird hawk moth flitting in the salvia near the kitchen, I quickly swap the macro lens onto the new camera, and go out to snap the little bugger, flitting from flower to flower.

Hummingbird Hawk Moth.  Macroglossum stellatarum To try to freeze the wing movement, I set TP to 1/4,000th sec, and just press the shutter for two minutes. I take 250 shots, some of which I hope will be OK.

There is more cheesy beans for lunch, before I go to the sofa once agan to watch the rolling start of the day's stage of Le Tour.

Should have been a simple stage, but it is chaos, riders crashing all over the shop, cross winds and a finish over a bridge to an island off the coast. I was tired just watching it. I was able to take calls and write mails whilst watching the race. I don't think anyone noticed.

I prepare chorizo hash for dinner, feed the cats and lay the table: who said men can't multi-task?

And then there is football to watch in the Evening: Denmark v England, some international or another.

It was shit. Two hours of my life I won't get back. Jools went to bed early as she was tired, so I creep up in the dark.

No comments: