Friday 4 September 2020

Thursday 3rd September 2020

And so the day dawned when Jools returned to work, if only for 9 days. But it meant that Buttons Jelltex would be left at home for ten hours, with only the cats and work for company.

What larks could I get up to in that time?

Not much it turns out.

Jools set the alarm for five, and I can reveal, that it is now dark at that time.

It is also dark at half five, but getting light at quarter to six when I finally get up.

There was a coffee waiting. Bless Jools.

She then goes for a walk, doing her regular circuit of litter picking and checking on sloes and blackberries.

I manage to put my trousers on and then take the bins out, what with it being Thursday. I go to pick raspberries, and get a good pound, so we have some fine scran for breakfast.

Again, there is no early morning meeting, so I make second coffee, prepare breakfast all ready for when Jools returns. There is just time to eat together before she drives off the Hythe where she has to have her temperature taken before being allowed into the office block. Its the same for all who work there, apparently.

I am on my own, and after playing with the kittens, they go to bed to sleep breakfast off, and I won't see them for a few hours. Or that would be the case normally, but the odd job man came round to fix the stair carpet and stop the window panes in the false wall in the back room rattling. There was two hours of knocking and banging, and he was done. We have a safe carpet and a quieter house.

Two hundred and forty seven I carry on working, taking quality matter to whoever will listen. Mostly other auditors, but at least we are in one mind on things.

As a treat, I cook myself fried egg on fried bread for mid-morning snack. It was wonderful, but, not surprisingly, greasy. I must remember not to have that again. And not to listen to my stomach, whose idea the mini-fry up was.

I get back to work.

And I try to clean the carpet under the table, as one or both of the kittens have been using it as a toilet, and it really was beginning to hum. We did the first cleaning on Wednesday, so I did another one yesterday, scrubbing where the smell seemed strongest, and in a new place where my feet rest, as that seems to make the smell worse.

All this cleaning meant my allergies woke up, so more nasal spray ingested, and all was good.

At one, I go to the sofa with the work laptop to work, so I can also keep an eye on Le Tour.

Poppy The afternoon passes quietly, the kittens had gone to bed once the odd job blokey had left, and slept through until gone five in the afternoon.

Cleo Then they woke up, demanding food.

I feed them.

Dinner was fish cakes, curried rice and fresh corn. I say fresh, two cobs were two weeks old, but i cut the ends off before I steam them and they are fine.

Jools comes back at quarter to six; she'd had a good day, busy but all under control, so we can eat and make small talk.

After tidying up, I make coffee and break out the ice cream, because ice cream.

It is evening, too dark to see the just past full moon rise, so we go to bed instead.

Day done.

No comments: