Wednesday 2 September 2020

Tuesday 1st September 2020

A new week.

A new month.

And some, temporary, change.

Jools is going back to work, at first for nine days from Thursday, for holiday cover. She has been home since some time in May, and having her around as I work from home has been the new normal. She brings me brews when I'm in meetings, and sometimes makes lunch. The garden is looking as good as it ever has, thanks to all her hard work.

But on Thursday, she is covering for her boss, Andy, so I will have to cope here at home on my own, with just the warm kettle and kittens and cats for company.

I should have started back on the cross trainer, but didn't. Yeah, I know. New target is Thursday when Jools goes back to work. That's the plan, at least.

But for now, I don't, but Jools goes for her usual morning walk, I go out to pick a pound of raspberries from the garden for breakfast, make mine, add yogurt and then make a coffee. I was followed by two bouncing kittens, close enough to be entertaining, but far enough to be forever out of reach. We can only get near them at meal times when they allow us to stroke them, or at night when they join us and the other cats on the bed.

I am ready to go at half seven, and the big news is the morning meetings are to only be on Tuesdays and Fridays from now on. Meaning I get to start half an hour early three days a week. If I remember.

Its a long shot.

Narrator: He forgot on Wednesday morning, and was waiting for the meeting to start at half seven.

Other than that, we have meetings, talking about audits. Good news is that we get to do this for four hours on Friday, when, by the end of the day we must all agree on something. Or more likely, we will agree according to the person taking the meeting notes. If it means no more meetings, I'll take it.

Oddly, the day is full, so full I forgot to take shots, not that the weather was really that nice. I even do my travel expenses, meaning I don't have to explain to a computer the trip for those expenses hasn't happened yet. I can't get through four more weeks of that.

Jools goes shopping, come back with more baguettes so we can have more stinky cheese for lunch. But no wine.

Oh no.

IN the afternoon, I take the laptop, notebook and headphones to sit on the sofa to watch so I can keep an eye on Le Tour on the big TV.

The afternoon flies by.

I remember to try to take a shot for the day, and the only thing is to try to snap one of the kittens, so here is a shot of Cleo in the top border, on patrol.

Two hundred and forty five We have pan fried salmon, stir fry and noodles for dinner. Thankfully the wine fairy had been, so I toasted us and our life.

Darness now comes just before eight, and seven minutes past, the nearly full moon rose above the houses on the other side of the Dip. We stand at the bathroom window to watch it emerge from behind the houses, and begin to climb into the nearly black sky.

No comments: