Tuesday 8 September 2020

Monday 7th September 2020

Welcome to the working week. Again.

Where did that weekend go? And yet we had a great weekend, lots of walking and taking shots of wildflowers, then cards and cooking and all the other stuff.

In cleaning the carpet due to the cat tiddle last week, I not only re-hurt my right arm and shoulder, I did my back too. I can just about get out of bed, but it takes half an hour for my back to loosen up.

Poppy So it goes, so it goes. Getting old.

Jools goes for a walk once she had fed the kitties, made coffee, and I sit here waiting for daylight to come. I put some music on, and time slips through my hands

At least there is no morning meeting, which means I don't have to be working until eight.

So, I fill the time by starting our first Christmas Cake, or more accurately, Dundee Cake.

I spend twenty minutes mixing sugar and butter until it goes white and smooth. I pour in four eggs, plain and SR flour and mixed spice. I add Madera, then add 20 oz of dried fruit, some glace cherries, and that is it. I pour the mix into a lined tin, and put it in the oven, on low, for four and a half hours.

Backlit And time for work.

There might not have been a morning meeting, but there is yet another auditor's meeting.

The morning passes.

The cake is done at midday and smells amazing, just annoying that it is three and a half months before we can eat it.

Two hundred and fifty one I make do with cheesy beans on toast for lunch.

There is no Le Tour, as apparently they need a rest day.

So there is no sofa, just work.

Dinner is to be pork pie and salad. I make fresh baguettes to have with the humus. There is always wine too.

Jools was pooped, so went to bed just after eight, and I listened to music, testing the speakers with The Blue Nile and The Blessed Kate (Bush).

No comments: