Thursday 10 September 2020

Wednesday 9th September 2020

Jools got up at five to get ready for work. I, however, I slept on.

I only woke up an hour later when she came to have a shower and get dressed.

Oh dear.

But she had, very thoughtfully, made a coffee for me, and it was waiting downstairs. Which was very nice indeed.

There are cats everywhere, washing, eating, playing.

What have we done?

Well, filled the house with love and energy. Who can't be energised when you see a kitten rolling, tumbling after her favourite toy. Which in Poppy's case is a catnip infused mouse toy on a long piece of string. I play with her for over half an hour.

Golden grass Work was calling.

So I go to pick raspberries, make another coffee and am logged on by eight.

Locked and loaded. I am not rushed off my feet, but work is steady. There are calls, including one on BSH certification, as it seems that as others have left the organisation, I am now the expert in preparation.

It's good to be valuable.

I have cheesy beans on toast again for lunch, before getting ready for an afternoon on the sofa watching Le Tour.

Eurosport has rights for full live coverage, and I don't have access to that, but ITV4 has most of the stage live, when coverage starts at two, they had been on the road for an hour, but plenty of action to distract me with.

It was a brighter day, but cool, so not too much wildlife in the garden, so not many shots to delight you with. But I took this:

Two hundred and fifty three Dinner is pork pie salad with another of the baguettes made the other day, warmed up. More tripel too.

The evenings seem to be shorter as it gets dark at half seven now, meaning it brings yawns and the question, off to bed?

We are.

No comments: