Tuesday 30 November 2021

Monday 29th November 2021

Amd just like that it was Monday. Again. And thanks to a mess up with the alarm, we were awake at half four, same as on Saturday! So, after twenty minutes we get up and get ready for the day.

It was darn cold in the house, as outside there was a hoar frost, and so the central heating needed to do some hard work, until then I put on my socks and jumper to keep warm.

Three hundred and thirty three Jools had a shower and got ready, and once again before six was gone to work. I had time for a second coffee and some toast before work.

There's not much to tell, really. About work, that is. No mails waiting, so just meetings and writing the recommendations on an audit report, before I could send it off.

Golden lining Outside the clouds cleared, the crescent moon hung high above the house, just about bright enough to cast shadows, while in the south, the horizon lightened in preparation for sunrise.

So it goes, so it goes.

The day progresses, and I get on with work, play music and listen to podcasts, all in all, I kept busy, or at least look as though I was.

A quick walk. Again Although it was just the cats that could see me.....

Early in the afternoon, I decide to go for a walk, putting on my shoes and grabbing a camera or two to head out onto the rolling downs above Chez Jelltex.

Nothing much seen, just walk up Station Road to the first track, cust past the war memorial.

I mean, I wanted to do more, but my back had started a low grumble, so we agreed I would cut down back through the estate to home, just to be safe.

A quick walk. Again I made it back, and my back expressed its happiness, and let me get up to make a brew.

I check mails, and find I wasn't missed, so fire off the report and set up a meeting to discuss the findings. Much to my surprise I am told I did a great job and raised some really good issues.

A quick walk. Again Well.

At four, I was done, so pack up and as we were having pizza for dinner, nothing really to prepare.

We were both still pooped from the weekend, so after eating the pizza, I make coffee while the radio plays in the background.

News of the pandemic is grim, so I resolve to speak to my boss to get next week's trip postponed, as I would be travelling through Amsterdam, a hub, and a high risk of infection.

We shall see.

And so, to bed at nine, with football still to watch.

Well.

No comments: