Thursday 25 November 2021

Wednesday 24th November 2021

In an alternate timeline, I would be finishing work for the year on Friday, in preparation for us going to New Zealand on Wednesday. Instead, we're not. Instead we had twenty months of plague, 166,000 deaths and much corruption and stupidity.

But, I still have a job, even if its with a different company, but the same, although no actual formal role yet, other than magician and/or miracle working.

In a surprising turn of events, I was actually ahead of schedule with work, having sent off a draft report the previous night.

There is always something to deal with, of course, and so we lurched from crisis to crisis.

Jools left for work before six again, as she is taking Friday off to go on a cooking course, which will involve me being home alone for 36 hours.

Be afraid.

Very afraid.

It was another dull and grey day here in St Maggies, and temperatures have been slowly falling each day, so the heating needed to be turned up a notch, and I decided I wouldn't be going out for a walk. The clouds were dark and low, meaning I had to have the table light on all day.

Three hundred and twenty eight As you do.

I listened to a podcast, some music from the radio on the i player, and so the day passed slowly.

I have bereakfast.

Work.

Have lunch.

Work.

I can't tell you what I did, but it did take all day, at least until three. At which point I was going to stop and watch Only Connect, but there was a call on Teams and 40 minutes later, taking about some disaster or the other, it was nearly four, and time to pack up and prepare the batter for fritters.

But in a twist, instead of using curry poder, I used some Spanish smoked paprika, and they still came out good, had a bit of bite.

I finish off the box of red wine with it, Jools has some cider.

Yay.

Although we have macaroons, and choclate, somehow Jools had brought home custard tarts, so we had those with coffee once we had cleared away.

And another day gone, and not much achieved.

I was going to watch some footy from the championship, but was tired, so bailed at nine to go to bed.

No comments: