Saturday 11 February 2023

Friday 10th February 2023

We made it again, to the end of the week.

Jools was busy downstairs, getting ready for her early morning yoga class, while I lay in bed and woke up. I went back to sleep, only for Cleo to wake me up when she jumped on my feet having had her breakfast.

Red Dawn So I give her a hug and get up.

Let's get this done.

Jools leaves, so I put the bins out and fill up the bird feeders, and soon another wonderful dawn breaks turning the sky to fire.

And so, to work. There has been some rationalisation regarding meetings, so none today with the department, which I am happy about.

Outside its a fine morning, the sun now getting strong enough to turn the heating off and have the back door open, and the cats are very happy be able to come and go without using the cat flap. During a break for tea, I go round the garden to see what's flowering, or just about too, and the crocus under a small bush look very springlike indeed.

Cleolicious Next week is half term here in the UK and Denmark, and my boss is off, sot he huch heralded changes and updates will therefore now be a week later.

Crocus So far, so worky.

But after two, I pack up my work things, Jools comes back, and she drives me to Deal station to meet my friend, Pete, who had travelled down from Broadstairs for a chat and some bears.

Several beers.

It was a glorious afternoon, bright sunshine and more than a hint of new growth in the fields and hedgerows beside the main road. We park outside the station, and I go to wait on the platform to get a picture, as I needed a shot of the day, so the train carrying Pete would fill that requirement as it passed the fine signal box down the line.

Forty one He gets out of the train, we hug and Jools drives us to Te Freed Man in Walmer, and we took up a set on the long table, got a round in and we got talking.

Hours passed.

Possibly.

Darkness fell, and Jools came back and the decision was made to go for somewhere to eat. Somewhere Turkish.

Jools drove us into Deal, parking behind the Strand, so we could walk up the alleyway to Aspendos, where we order the big sharing platter between the three of us, along with more beers. Unleavened bread and dips were brought, and we dug in, talking loudly as we ate.

The food was excellent, and despite there being three of us, there was enough left over for Jools to have for lunch a couple of days next week.

We dropped Pete off back at the station so he could catch the half eight train, we then went back home.

Jools drove.

I wrote a blog post, which I guess might not have made much sense, but that's how it goes.

No comments: