Thursday 9 February 2023

Wednesday 8th February 2023

Spring will soon be here, even if the cold nights and hoar frosts continue.

Each morning and night theres a little more light, doubly so when there are clear skies.

Thirty nine Jools was up and about early as usual, I lay in bed so long Cleo came back to bed after her breakfast and made a fresh next between my knees. But I had had to disappoint and move here, as work waits for no man.

Dawn Kinda.

I came down just as Jools was putting on her coat and like that, she was gone, into the frosty dawn, with light on the horizon and the sky a lighter shade of indigo.

Back to Windy Ridge Hang on kids, its gonna be a rough one!

In fact, it was the day my employer announces its results for last year, with challenges ongoing. So the boss tells us.

Back to Windy Ridge Plus le change.

I missed the first part of the telecast as I had to take a call revealling the latest issue to add to the "to do" list.

Plus le change.

I had been sitting for five hours straight, so once the elececast ended, I put my coat on and went for a walk.

Back to Windy Ridge With a few weeks since the last measurable rain, the ground has firmed up enough for a walk back up the hill to Windy Ridge is possible.

A glorious sunny winter's afternoon, with the sun high enough not to be casting long shadows.

The plan was to look for spring flowers in bloom, but very few seen, but a walks a walk, and it was good getting back to near 10,000 steps again, as well as meeting friendly and not so friendly horse and ponies.

Back to Windy Ridge I was hopeful to see a butterfly too, it felt wam enough and there was hardly any wind, but none seen.

Tough going in the rutted tracks and lanes, but also great to be out. The air had the smell of endless possibilities.

Back to Windy Ridge Which is nice.

Easy walk back home to find no one had missed me from work, so I was able to make a brew and monitor e mails to see the day out to four.

Another day nearer retirement. And on that front, good news as our pension value have recovered beyond the losses of last year to near pre-COVID levels.

Which is more than nice.

Dinner was aubergine. It had been some time, so it was nice to spend time listening to the radio, egg and breadcrumbing the sliced vegetable, then when it was time, shallow frying them in oil, so they became golden medallions.

And yummy.

Football in the evening; Sunderland v Fulham, which ends in an exciting away win, 3-2.

Time for bed, as we begin the long slope towards Friday and the weekend.

No comments: