Monday 13 February 2023

Sunday 12th February 2023

I should point out that we sought out a chemists in Rye, found a Boots, and there bought a thermometer, which pretty much confirmed the readings of the other one. Though this was designed for humans and their mouths, so was more comfortable.

So, despite sweating like I had run a marathon, I was only at 36 degrees, just in the lower range of normal.

It was a warmer night on Saturday, soo we could have the bedroom windows open, even still with just a 1 tog duvet on, I was just about cool enough to sleep through, but the 9 hours did make me feel better in the morning.

In fact, I can confirm I had no issues on Sunday night, duvet and blanket and cat on the bed, and slept well.

So, whatever it was, is now over, or so it seems.

Which is nice.

After Saturday on which we seemed to be on the go, or entertaining, for 16 hours, we decided that Sunday would be lazy.

The day was spent mostly grazing, and watching football.

Breakfast of fruit.

Second breakfast of croissants.

Lunch of bacon butties.

Supper of cheese, crackers and cheesecake.

Football was rather good, and so the afternoon slipped by. Outside the day turned from cloudy afternoon into an early evening. One filled with woodsmoke.

Forty three With the cheese and crackers I had a bottle of Both Barrels, a beer from Adnams that I have been waiting two years for them to make again after seeing a friend COOK with a bottle. Anyway, four bottles came on Friday, and yesterday I tried it.

Vanilla cheesecake Magnificent and at 9% almost tripel strength. So full of flavour too.

Cheesecake for supper laid heavy, but with cream and raspberries was also magnificent.

Sadly, back to work on Monday.

No comments: