Tuesday 28 February 2023

Monday 27th February 2023

The wind has swung round now to the north east, even if were sunny it would be cold. Instead it is cloudy and grey, and after rain during the night, still frozin hailstones lay on the garden beds.

In short, it was cold.

But there was always work to keep me busy.

I say "busy"......

Jools went swimming as usual for a Monday, and I made a second coffee, listened to a podcast and watched dawn creep over the horizon. Reports that many had seen the aurora last night in the news, but news of the possibility only came after we had gone to bed. Maybe better luck for us in the evening?

Anyway.

Work.

Travel expenses, which seem to go on and on as invoices are processed by the credit card company. That takes an hour. And then there is the monthly audit meeting, where we discuss, well, audits.

Then it is ten, and time for breakfast and a cuppa.

I have no idea where the day goes, but whatever it is I do, it takes all day to do. Mum once asked me what it was I did. Still don't know.

Lunch was pancakes, six days too late, but easy to cook and then sprinkle with sugar and sploshed with lemon juice. Sugar and lemon juice is our, in Britain, the traditional filling for pancakes. Growing up near us wear several Dutch families, and they had pancakes more than one day a year, and had fillings like choclate spread.

Its not normal.

The day stretches into the afternoon.

I should go for a walk.

I go outside.

Bugger, its cold. That north-easterly cuts you in half. I decide not to go for a walk.

But I do decide to cut last years growth on the buddleia, bagging the woody stems, leaving just the stump.

Stump.

I was watched by Scully who had been insisting it was dinner time from about two. She hid in the beds to watch me, but I saw her.

Fifty eight Dinner was cheese and crackers followed by toasted and buttered hot-cross buns.

Easter yummyness.

And that was that. Another day done, and nearly into March.

No comments: