Thursday 23 February 2023

Wednesday 22nd February 2023

I would be spending seven hours of each working day at the dining room table this week. Either in an audit (Monday) or in a training course (4 days). So, this was day three of the week, and the first two days have dragged.

A lot.

Instead of going swimming, Jools laid oin bed as she had been sleeping badly, but I was up at half five as various parts of my body had woken up.

It was dark, with the promise of much cloud and even some drizzle. Not that I would be going out, or if I did, it would be much later in the afternoon.

I did decide to start work at quarter to eight when the course began, as I did nearly ten hours on Tuesday, and my brain melted. That did give me time to have a shave, shower and make myself smell much nicer.

By eck, you look georgous, Pet.

Jools left for work, I played a pod cast, and the morning dawned, getting light now at about half six, the cats scattered and I made a second brew.

So began Wednesday.

We all logged on and so began the day. Much understanding the principles of auditing, although Henrik and I knew this, we had to assess the value of the training and material. So we had to play along, which did mean when we began the role playing sections, that the group with H and I in it, had rather an advantage over the the other two, as we knew the subject.

Fifty three Backwards.

We had a break of an hour for lunch. I made something, topped up the bird feeders and stretched my legs, all in 50 minutes.

And on into, ans through the afternoon. It began to get dark outside, and the day went on and on.

And just as I thought it was ending, my boss texted me to say we needed to speak. So, it was nearly five by the time I packed the computer away, brain melted again, and just enough time to feed the cats and cook dinner of Moroccan rice, stir fry and crispbakes.

And wine.

Sometimes, squash isn't enough and only wine will do.

This was such a day.

I sat with Scully listening to Citeh play ib Leipzig​. I went to bed with 20 minutes to go, with Citeh one goal up, thinking Leipzig would never score. Thus I missed their equalising goal.

No comments: