Saturday 18 February 2023

Friday 17th February 2023

Who knew having fun was so tiring?

Well, we all did, really.

As we didn't get back home until half midnight, and Jools was up at five, getting ready for her yoga class, but after that she did have the rest of the day off.

I had to work.

"Work"

I heard her get up, but went back to sleep, so only woke as she came back up the stairs to say goodbye as she left. So, I got up and got dressed, went downstairs to make coffee and then try to wake up before the meeting at seven.

Forty eight Oddly for a Friday I only had one meeting, at seven, and then just "stuff".

Jools had even put the bins out, so not even that to do.

The meeting went well, and once I hung up, time for second coffee and have an orange for breakfast, as I would wait for Jools. But unknown to me, she went to Chaplins for breakfast.

Once she came back and told me that she had eaten, I cook some rice and when that was cooked, heat up a pot of gumbo, added the rice and warm up. Gumbo has a deeper flavour thanks to the roux, and was a struggle. But I like it, although jamalaya isn't so fierce and takes just an hour to cook.

Pulmonaria officinalis Jools sat on the sofa with Scully.

And fell asleep.

I worked on, taking calls and trying to fix issues. But come half one, I was done too.

We watched a science documentary on TV, two in fact, one on the beginning of the universe and the other, the end. By the time that ended, it was ten to six, time for the music quiz.

Crocus I got the answer right, but not in the top ten, but its the taking part and the chatting about stuff before the quiz it what makes it.

Quickly we got on the car to drive to Whitfield for a game of cards and supper.

Supper was chicken dippers and chips. And wine.

And so to cards, with two new packs as well. We are truly spoilt.

Anyway, change of pack did change our luck and Jools won the pot, though Jen won the pot in Queenie.

All done by ten to nine, so Jools drove us home, back in time for the second half of the Championship game, and have a glass of sloe port too.

No comments: