Tuesday 20 June 2023

Monday 19th June 2023

Monday.

Back to work.

Sigh.

Double sigh.

All vacations have to end sometimes, I know, but even still, with this it means that I now have to wait until Christmas without a day off, with the exception of the late summer bank holiday.

And it was sunny outside. All I wanted to do was to get out and do anything other than work.

But we have to earn a crust.

Jools was up at five, and as usual bustling about and almost ready to leave for the factory at six, and having made me a coffee too.

THe cats were all settled back down, like we've never been away, so I could listen to a podcast before work, set up the big screen and then sit and try to remember what my work password was.

I did remember, and once logged in, little point in doing much as Windows updates would surely soon be required.

I find that my travel expenses have been rejected, again.

Sigh.

And so back in the saddle like I've ever been away, whilst the rest of the company is on the slow down before the start of summer holidays at the end of next week.

I work through until have three, then think about going for a walk, though it was cloudy again, and by back suggested it wasn't a good idea. So, I put in my ear buds and listened to a podcast whilst looking at the garden, and before long it was dinner time.

One hundred and seventy Just salad and Jersey Royals for us, and no wine or beer for me, as I had decided, against my better judgement, to look for an orchid.

Not just any orchid. A rare and unusual one.

Blah.

Blah.

Blah.

So it was, I found myself standing at the gate to a little known site, looking at the herd of cattle that have just been introduced, and the bank of spikes behind.

I climb in, and the cows are interested, two even follow me up a while, but give up.

I look at spike after spike, but fail to see what I was looking for.

I climbed over the down to where there is another site, but got lost, and found myself on a steep bank with brambles and four feet high grass. I fell over numerous times, but got myself back, all now hot and bothered.

One final look at the spikes I did find. Nothing there, so I drove back home certain not to watch the football as England were playing their last game of the season against Macedonia.

Back home I did some stuff on the computer, but once the 5th goal went in, I joined Scully on the sofa to watch the last half hour as England made hay and won 7 (seven) - 0.

Picture of the day is our garden Pyramidal Orchid, this year with a second spike.

No comments: