Monday 5 June 2023

Monday 5th June 2023

And so, to Monday.

My back a little bit better, so slept a little better, even with Cleo nestling my legs.

However, this was the morning of the cat roundup. Jools was up and about and caged three of them in in various rooms of the house, we then put each in a box, so by quarter past six the deed was done.

Only for Poppy to somehow bust out of the box she was in, I heard the crack as the mesh door snapped shut, and together we caught her a second time.

Jools dropped them off at a new place in Hawkinge on her way to work, leaving me with an empty house in which to work the final day before yet another holiday.

And it was a holiday in Denmark, so not many people in, so I had no excuse not to do travel expenses.

Sigh.

I photographed reciepts, mailed them to my work account and assigned them to credit card bills.

Never as bad as you tell yourself it'll be.

And so it was done.

No e mails to answer. Hardly anyone to call.

Silence.

Lovely.

At one, I am done. I pack the case, though Jools will bring it tomorrow, I check my cameras, pack an overnight bag and wait for Gary to arrive. We are heading to East Anglia for a trip to see a rare butterfly, a Swallowtail, and meet a tour in the morning. To make it easier, we are driving up the day before.

I load my stuff in our old car, Gary turns the engine on, and off we go, driving north, steadily, as we have the rest of the day. The only problem would be getting across, or under the river, at Dartford.

One hundred and fifty six We were held up for 20 minutes, but got through, back into the Essex sunshine, round to the M11 and north again.

Traffic was fairly light, and I had the odd experience of looking out the windows the whole way. I usually drive, so have a fine old time looking at churches and trains as we motor through Essex into Suffolk and finally into Norfolk.

Into Essex We drive round Norwich to our motel next to a filling station, check in. Functional and clean.

A quick walk showed the village pub closed

The pub may have been closed, but even at half six, the village church was open, if a little dark inside. I apologied to Gary for the diversion to a church, which was never my intention, but I knew there was a fine font inside, so we went in.

I rushed round so not to delay us too much, so photographed the font frm all angles, and the geberal views of the church. This was a real bonus. I hhave only found churches open at such a time once before, in nearly Coltishall a decade previously. NFN.

so we walked back to the car, drove three minutes and found another. This one being open, if not very picturesque.

A slap up meal of nachos and a pint of hophead, and I was set for an early night and an early start in the morning.

No comments: